THEMA Consulting, the Swiss provider of trading, risk and post-trading solutions for capital markets and corporate treasuries, announces the availability, from September 2015, of MASTERFINANCE 8.0.
“As the capital markets landscape is becoming increasingly complex and demanding under the pressure of regulatory and market changes, we continue to partner with our customers and provide them with comprehensive, flexible and fast-evolving solutions. This new accomplishment further demonstrate how MasterFinance modular platform can truly enable a radical simplification in business and operating models, whilst allowing management and users to get information advantage in their daily activity, based on real-time analytical capabilities” says Pierluigi Nasoni, CEO & Chaiman of the Board at THEMA Consulting.
Key developments and enhancements now available on MasterFinance 8.0:
PRODUCTS (full lifecycle, from pre-deal pricing and limit checks to accounting and reporting):
- Equity Swap, Dividend Swap, TRS
- Securities Lending
- FX Flexible Forward & Accumulator (including TARF, PIVOT & Guaranteed Period)
- Structured & Triparty Repo, Open Repo, Equity, Loan & Fund Repo, LTRO
- Synthetic Multiflow Deposit and Call Notice 48H+
- Italian Inflation BTP (new Python pricing function)
- OTC Freestyle Options (user definable payoff replication)
FX&MM ORDER MANAGEMENT:
- Limit order on FX instruments: Take Profit, Stop Loss, Stop Loss at the rate, Stop Entry, Call, If Done, OOC e If Done/OCO
- “At the market” order on FX Spot & Forward, FX Swap (Normal & Uneven), NDF Forward, Commodity Forward, FX Option Vanilla, Money Market (Generic e Call Notice)
- Advanced shock analysis on rates, fx exchanges and volatilities
- ALM-specific multi-scenario simulations (intra-day or at specified future dates)
- Market data early warning limit management
- Complex Market Risk limits definable as a combination of selected MR Units’ credit limit engagements
- Enhanced Backtesting threshold violation management
- Automatic email messaging related to Credit, Delivery, Market & VaR figures
- Full CCP Standard Repo management
- Counterparty Risk Limit automatic determination by issuer’s rating and/or category
- New typology Credit Line(Committed or Stand-By) and relevant Fee management
- CMS Convexity adjustments (based on Lesnieswki & Hagan model)
- Securities Volatility Matrix supported calibration methodologies: Heston, Heston-Bates, SABR
- Multiple Curve Building Framework: extension to IR curves
- External scenario & pricing layer (optimizing computation performance)
- Spread & PIPS management at insertion for FX and FX Option deals
- Advanced deal insert for Freestyle Options (Instrument & Issuer ID definition)
- Automatic internal deals generation and “spread allocation” management
- Extended filtering capabilities on Security Allocation and Performance View
- Securities ECB Haircut full management
- ET & FX Forward Microhedging
- CVA/DVA: Default Probability and Rating Spread computational approach and multiperspective view & reporting (Front, Risk, Accounting, Supervisory reporting)
- Full Client/Counterparty View switching functionality (for FX positions)
- Pop up alert Messaging
- Automatic OTC Option fixing event
- Advanced Trades & Payments matching monitor
- ET Margin engine: adoption of PRISMA algorithm
- Document management: possibility of storing/retrieving documents in different formats associated to trades/counterparties
- Basel III LCR (Liquidity Coverage Ratio) full determination
- Stressed Liquidity Cash Flow based on definable multiplier associated to instrument/liquidity category
- Advanced Liquidity Cash Flow View, with extended drill down and trace back capabilities, plus user definable view configuration (i.e. figures re-grouped by time bucket)
- Python-based complex limit configuration on Liquidity Limit settings
- Automatic rule on rates applied to current accounts balances
- Flexible configuration for Bank of Italy’s Liquidity weekly reporting
Additionally, different enhancements have been introduced with release 8.0 in regards to connectivity with standard market (BrokerTec – ICAP) and post-trading (Avaloq, SMIT, …) solutions, as well as regulatory reporting servicers such as REGIS-TR or BoI’s new requirements for CVA/DVA surveillance reporting.
Banque SYZ, the Geneva headquartered leading private bank, live with Masterfinance for front office and risk FX trading
Voted in 2014 “best Swiss Bank” in terms of soundness in the annual Top 1000 World Banks and “Best Private Banking Boutique” in the Global Private Banking Awards, Banque Syz selected Masterfinance as Trading & Risk platform to support its multicompany-wide FX trading operations. The initiative has been conducted in the context of a wider transformation program primarily aimed at helping the bank focus on its core mission by leveraging on a rationalised operating model and a consolidated system architecture. This has led to the selection of Avaloq as preferred core banking system, MasterFinance as dedicated treasury, trading and risk plarform (already integrated with Avaloq) and B-Source as IT & business process outsourcing partner.
Pierluigi Nasoni, THEMA’s Chairman and CEO: “We are pleased to be working with an innovative leading organization such as Banque SYZ. This accomplishment reinforces our presence in the swiss market and the value of our partnership with B-Source, as well as our joint proposition based on the distinctive integration with Avaloq. We look forward to assisting SYZ with their growth plans, thanks to Masterfinance’s strenghts and scalability ”.
B-Source is the Switzerland-based leader in business process and IT outsourcing for banks and the financial industry.
THEMA Consulting provides treasury and risk management solutions for banks, corporate treasuries and asset managers, with the objective of harmonizing their naturally complex operating models.
THEMA Consulting reconfirms its attendance to the eigth edition of the Career Forum, an event that brings together Swiss and international companies, organisations, and institutions, as well as students and graduates setting out on their career paths. The event comprises an expo with corporate stands and one-to-one interviews, and seeks to facilitate contacts between young graduates and students with companies seeking fully qualified profiles to complete and enrich their staff structure.
We are glad to announce THEMA Consulting will be exhibiting (stand 39) in the next 21st Congress ASSIOM FOREX, that will take place between 3rd and 7th February 2015 in Milan.
The 2015 edition will host the 54th ACI World Congress and the first address of the year of the Italian Central Bank Governor, Mr. Ignazio Visco, to the financial community. Read More
THEMA sarà presente nell’AREA Expo alla settima edizione dell’USI Career Forum, l’evento che l’Università organizza con la finalità di favorire l’incontro tra studenti e laureandi che si affacciano sul mondo del lavoro e aziende, enti ed istituzioni nazionali ed internazionali che collaborano con l’USI.